Thursday, December 31, 2009

Here we go!

On to another year....
My last post was when?
August 22? WOW!
Yep, these last few months have been crazy busy, and I lost my "list" of things to blog about.
Terrible, right?
Camping, CASA, work, more work, holiday, birthdays, anniversaries, and here was are at December 31st 2009.

What was your most memorable moment of 2009?

Tragically, we lost of beloved Lucy in September. (another reason for lack of posts)


This is one of the last photos I have of her. We put this new window in this summer, just for her.

We'll never be 100% sure what happened to our "baby girl"....but we know that she will have a place in our hearts FOREVER! She either had an asthma attack, or something happened to her heart.

My hubby and I raised Lucy from the day she was born. She was tube fed for a few weeks until she would take a bottle. I was up every two hours (for weeks) to feed her and check on her. She slept on a little heating pad, in a blanket filled box, for quite some time.

We had an amazing 7 years with "Goose" (one of our many nicknames). We always knew she was 1/2 human.....so smart...so charming.....such a little love.

I could go on and on, but I'd start crying again and today is not the day to do that.

One of those "signs" came two months after Lucy was sent to heaven. The hubby and I were out at one of our favorite establishments, and we stumbled upon:


A little bundle of dirty white fur and AMAZING blue eyes. Little Man came home with us, and I took him to the vet the next day to get checked out.
Yikes! He had a diaphragmatic hernia. The vet was not 100% sure that it would be repairable until Little Man was put under and opened up. My anxiety was high all day long. The vet called around 8pm that night, and told us that it was a Y shaped that he was able to repair!

Here is Max last week. We kept his name as Little Man until we could judge his personality.



That's enough for now....time to pack up 2009 and open up for 2010!

No comments: