Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Getting the point across

My friend Sarah, over at Learning Something New Everyday posted something today that has been on my mind since the beginning of June.

WHERE IS OUR SUMMER?

How irritating is this weather? Last weekend, I spent plenty of time outside, attending a picnic for CASA.....All Star softball game that my little cousin was playing in....... visited the zoo....... did a little grocery shopping...... served beer at the annual Fortuna Rodeo BBQ with my momma...... and even watched the cowboys play in the dirt. The weather was absolutely beautiful, there was a breeze when we needed it.

Then comes Monday, and we are sucked back into this wonderful "Humboldt" weather that us natives know all too well. Does anyone really enjoy using their windshield wipers while driving to work in the morning? And what is it with it being so damn cold at night? I was talking with my cousin yesterday, and she mentioned that their heater came on the other night. When I woke up this morning, I noticed the the hubby had turned ours on when he got out of bed this morning. No wonder I woke up late!!

All this depressing weather leads me to believe that a camping trip is finally needed. Normally, we've already been at least once by now.....scheduling conflicts have kept us at home though. I'll tell ya what though....there is nothing like the peace and quiet of our little camping spot. With the exception of the occasional rug-rat running around the campground, it really is a great place for some r&r. I have this great new chair to sit in now, and I can't wait to set it up at the campsite and RECLINE! No more putting my feet on the table or the fire pit!

Time to leave for work, I have a big to-do list to tackle this week!

What are your thoughts on this "summer weather" here in Humboldt?

1 comment:

Fred Mangels said...

At least it's not too hot.