Saturday, April 17, 2010

I never realized.....

How hard it would really be to find a job! Ok, so there are plenty of jobs out there, but most of them don't pay worth a crap. Ok, so yes, they are above minimum wage........but I can't really afford to take that much of a hit. Sure can't make the mortgage payment and eat on those wages. In no way do I live above my means...in fact I've already saved money by not being at the mall everyday, influenced by the food smells and shiny lights showing off the latest wares the retailers are selling.

And what is with Obama's American Recovery Act? How is it that a person who has been shoved out of a job doesn't qualify for the Recovery Act? I have to have a kid or be pregnant? I just don't understand! I am unemployed, need a job, want to work, but I don't qualify for the dozens of "government stimulus" jobs that are out there.......

I spend a couple of hours a day searching for "that job"....newspapers, online (every website you can imagine), out in public, and even word of mouth. In the last month I have officially applied for 4 jobs. They all have "application deadlines", and I applied for them the day they opened up. It's crazy to sit and wait. I am not used to it, but it is definitely strengthening my patience =)

Being at home more has given me the opportunity to spend time with my little man, Max. Here is a recent photo of him. He's 8 months old now, and I can't believe how much he has grown. We're pretty sure he's going to be a big boy....not weight wise, but body wise. When he walks you see nothing but muscle!

1 comment:

Randy Weaver said...

I feel your pain. I put out 64 applications in about as many days and the best I could do was a three month temporary gig. So much for all that education :)